The Organising Committee of The Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment (ACSEE) is calling for abstract submissions. To present your research at the conference your abstract must first pass double-blind peer review. Upon payment of registration fees, your attendance at the conference will be confirmed.
Conference Theme & Streams
Conference Theme: "East Meets West: Innovation and Discovery"
The conference theme for ACSEE is "East Meets West: Innovation and Discovery", and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organised into the following thematic streams:
- Environmental Sustainability & Human Consumption: Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst
- Environmental Sustainability & Human Consumption: Waste
- Environmental Sustainability & Environmental Management: Freshwater, Oceans and Seas
- Environmental Sustainability & Environmental Management: Land Use & Misuse
- Environmental Sustainability & Environmental Management: Atmosphere and Air
- Cultural Sustainability: Protecting, Preserving and Conserving
- Economic Sustainability: Environmental Challenges and Economic Growth
- Economic Sustainability: Sustainable Businesses and CSR
- Social Sustainability and Social Justice
- Social Sustainability, War and Peace
- Social Sustainability and Sustainable Living
- Energy: Environmental Degradation
- Energy: Renewable Energy and Environmental Solutions
- Energy: Energy Economics and Ecological Economics
- Environmental Sustainability & Human Consumption: Human and Life Sciences
How to Submit Your Abstract
- To register, go to IAFOR's online submission system.
- Create your account. Your email address will be used as your username and you will be asked to submit a password.
- Submit your abstract (maximum 250 words), choosing from the presentation formats listed below (Individual, Poster or Virtual).
- Submit well before the submission deadline in order to benefit from Early Bird or Advanced Registration rates.
- Your abstract will undergo double-blind peer review and the results will be returned to you within two to three weeks.
- If your abstract is accepted you will be invited to register for the conference.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing your official receipt.
Check on the status of your abstract submission by logging in to the online submission system. The status is displayed in the "Your Submissions" area. Your personal information may be edited at any time.
If your paper is accepted for presentation at the conference, a notification email will be sent to your registered email address. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Authors as Reviewers: A Reciprocal System
Our academic events would not be what they are without a commitment to ensuring adherence to international norms of abstract peer review. IAFOR relies on a large number of international scholars from around the world to contribute to a shared vision of promoting and engaging in international, intercultural and interdisciplinary dialogue, and if you are taking part in an IAFOR event, then that means you. Authors may be asked to review up to five abstracts for the conference. You are under no obligation to participate in this reciprocal system, but if you are selected to review, and undertake this task of grading abstracts for the the conference you will be credited in the conference programme.
Because of the complexity of putting the Conference Programme together and the large numbers of participants involved, it is not usually possible to accommodate requests for specific presentation days or times. We ask that you reserve requests for religious reasons or other exceptional and unavoidable circumstances.
We encourage participants to attend the conference each day in order to benefit fully from the experience. While requests for specific presentation days or times are not accepted other than under exceptional circumstances, you may request one blackout day – a day on which you will not be scheduled to present at the conference.
Scheduling requests will not be accepted after the registration deadline.
If you wish your paper to be published in the Conference Proceedings, once you have registered please ensure that you upload your full paper through the online system by July 11, 2017.
Final papers are only accepted in Microsoft Word format. Before submitting your paper please ensure that you have read the Final Paper Guidelines and formatted your paper correctly.
Publication & Licensing Issues
Abstracts, research papers, articles, video footage, images, and other forms of print and digital media will be made available by IAFOR to the general public on an open access, online basis.
By submitting to an open access agreement under Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution Non Commercial International licence, an author or creator is hereby granting IAFOR an exclusive license for the full period of copyright throughout the world, including the exclusive right to publish, distribute, or communicate, their original submitted work in any IAFOR publication, whether in an online, electronic or print format, be that in whole, partial or modified form.
Authors retain originating copyright of their own work but through the act of agreeing to transfer the license to IAFOR under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Attribution Non Commercial International conditions allow IAFOR to take measures on behalf of authors against infringement, inappropriate use of an article, libel or plagiarism of any work, materials or content attributed under this license by other parties and allows IAFOR to monitor, uphold and maintain the integrity of an abstract, paper or article and its author once refereed and accepted for publication or public exhibition.
All publications and digital media produced for the conference will be openly archived on the IAFOR research archive.