- Conference Theme
- Conference Photographs
- Organising Committee
- Review Committee
- Conference Proceedings
"East Meets West: Innovation and Discovery"
June 8–11, 2017 | Art Center Kobe, Kobe, Japan
From natural phenomena and the results of climate change to pollution and societal traumas, migrations and war, the enormous challenges that face humankind and our environment are frequently daunting and difficult to comprehend. However, with every new challenge or disruption comes the opportunity for innovation and discovery. Whether inventing new technologies, implementing innovative systems, enacting better policies, legislation, or governance, or ensuring greater cooperation and information sharing, responses are many and varied.
From incremental shift to radical change, from the local to the regional and from the national to the global, this international conference will focus on the challenges that demand a collective response. It will highlight the need to harness our abilities as scientists, policymakers, practitioners, engineers and educators to find multidisciplinary solutions in pursuit of the common goal of a sustainable world.
ACSEE2017 Conference Photographs
Human interaction is at the root of all knowledge creation, and hence the great importance of the conference in introducing, testing and spreading ideas through challenging, rigorous and thought provoking discussion and debate. But beyond that, a conference is also a great chance to meet people from around the world, and to extend and grow ones’s professional network, and above all, to make friends.
It may be impossible to tell the story of the conference, or rather the many hundreds of interlocking stories that go to make up the conference, but the documentary photography in this slideshow aims to give a taster of the more serious academic side of the event, as well as the lighter side…
The Organising Committee of The Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment (ACSEE) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, and so forth; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and overseeing the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
ACSEE2017 Review Committee
- Dr Ben Kolosz, Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- Professor Chun-Han Shih, Tungnan University, Taiwan
- Professor Felix Anyaegbunam Nwachinemelu, Federal University Ndufu-Alike-Ikwo, Nigeria
- Dr Guat Guan Toh, Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Malaysia
- Dr Luis Santiago, University of Puerto Rico, United States
- Dr Ming Yin Chan, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Professor Ofelia Giron, University of The Philippines Baguio, The Philippines
- Professor Ruey-Fang Yu, National United University, Taiwan
ACSS2017 Review Committee
- Dr Aleksandra Ptak, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland
- Dr Bajrnag Lal Saini, University of Rajastahn, India
- Dr Catalino Mendoza, Systems Plus College Foundation, The Philippines
- Dr Elif Avci, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Dr Georgia Daleure, Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE
- Dr Heesoon Lee, Bowling Green State University, USA
- Dr Helena Vasques De Carvalho, ISCTE-IUL, Portugal
- Dr Ho Keat Leng, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr Kunwadee Rojpaisarnkit, Rajabhat Rajanagarindra University, Thailand
- Dr Margaret Sanapo, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- Dr Masanori Kaneko, Independent Researcher, Japan
- Dr Patricia Audrey Ruslijanto, University of Brawijaya, Indonesia
- Dr Susan Bacud, University of The Philippines Los Banos, The Philippines
- Dr Theresa Mae Gallardo, University of Mindanao - Tagum College, The Philippines
IAFOR's peer review process, which involves both reciprocal review and the use of Review Committees, is overseen by conference Organising Committee members under the guidance of the Academic Governing Board. Review Committee members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields and who have previous peer review experience.
If you would like to apply to serve on the ACSEE2019 Review Committee, please visit our application page.